Apple enthusiasts around the globe will not be disappointed with the latest offering in smartphone technology with the iPhone 12 series. An interesting array of valuable upgrades have been made to deliver increased functionality, speed, and performance for better work productivity and entertainment excellence. All the devices in the iPhone 12 series are 5G compatible which bodes well for users looking to the future. With the increasing trend in remote work, the 5G network will offer the ability to contribute remotely from virtually any location whether it be out in the country or a densely populated city. Improved speeds, wider connectivity, increased bandwidth capacity, and reduced latency all contribute to better user experience.
The camera systems on the iPhone 12 series have also undergone considerable expansion. Upgraded cameras offer the ability to capture crisp and vivid images and expert videos for both recreation and professional purposes. Available with TELUS, you can select from the entire iPhone 12 range and take advantage of service plans and packages that suit your needs.
What Features Have Been Upgraded With the iPhone 12 Series?
Numerous enhancements have been made to the iPhone 12 range to give users a great selection to choose from. Some of the updated features that come standard on all devices in the series include:
- OLED Super Retina XDR display with edge-to-edge coverage
- 5G compatibility for faster and wider connectivity with reduced lag time (iPhone Mini is the world’s smallest lightweight 5G phone)
- A14 Bionic chip delivers best-in-class power
- Improved spill and splash resistance
- Ceramic Shield offers 4x better drop protection
- Wireless turbo charging
- Enhanced security for better data protection and privacy
Camera iPhone 12 Series Upgrades
Expert video recording technology and the ability to take brilliant photos in virtually any environment make the iPhone 12 series extremely appealing. The lineup consists of the iPhone 12 standard, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max, to offer a diverse selection depending on requirements and preferences.
TELUS iPhone 12 Pro Max Camera Updates
Let’s get right to the heart of the matter by exploring the incredible camera functionality delivered by the iPhone 12 Pro Max. If a high quality camera is a top priority for your smartphone requirements, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is tough to beat. Capture professional images and video with enhanced performance and extensive functionality. You can expect an 87% improvement in poorly lit settings with a 47% larger sensor on the main camera. The wide-angle camera is capable of taking brilliant photos in any environment regardless of lighting and visibility.
Some of the spectacular specs the iPhone 12 Pro Max has to offer are:
- LIDAR technology provides 6x faster autofocus in poorly lit areas
- Main camera has a 47% larger sensor for 87% improvement in low-light environments
- Wide camera brings in 27% more light than previous iPhones
- Ultrawide camera with 7-element lens assembly
- Dolby Vision HDR video at 60 fps
- Smart HDR 3 system uses machine learning for natural appearance and colour contrast
- 65mm-equivalent focal length lens for 2.5x optical zoom and 12x digital zoom
- Sensor-shift optical image stabilization to offset movement and eliminate blurry images
TELUS iPhone 12 Pro Camera Updates
The iPhone 12 Pro is another great option for camera features and impressive capabilities. Like the Pro Max, this model is also designed with 3 cameras and LIDAR sensor technology. LIDAR stands for Light Detection and Ranging, and it uses remote sensing with a radar-like approach by emitting light pulses instead of radio waves to measure distances and sense objects not visible to the naked eye.
Included upgrades with iPhone 12 Pro camera:
- Night mode with auto-adjust in low light environments
- 27% more light accessibility in the wide angle camera
- Rear camera 7-element lens assembly
- Dolby Vision HDR video at 60 fps
- 52mm-equivalent telephoto lens provides 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom
- Smart HDR 3 system uses machine learning for more organic colour contrast
- LIDAR technology delivers 6x faster autofocus in low-light areas
TELUS iPhone 12 & iPhone 12 Mini Camera Updates
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini have a very similar range of features to examine. Both units come standard with 2 cameras to cover basic photography and videography functions.
The main cameras on each device have been updated for greater versatility and performance. Both cameras have been enhanced to deliver higher quality images in low-light settings with 12 megapixel resolution and Night Mode function.
iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini camera specs feature:
- Night Mode feature automatically adjusts in low-light areas for crisper, more colourful images
- 7-element lens assembly on the rear camera (updated from a 3-element lens on iPhone 11)
- 5-element lens with 120-degree field of view on the second 12-megapixel ultra wide camera
- Wide camera brings in 27% more light
- Dolby Vision HDR video at 30 fps
- Improved speed on the Deep Fusion computational photography system for better images in low to medium light
- Smart HDR 3 system uses machine learning for better colour contrast